Friday, November 14, 2008

Asia Series Day One Roundup and News

Lee Seung-yeop admits that he was terrible. The world, somehow, keeps spinning.

I can't believe I missed this. The KBO announced their free agents for this off season and vowed to follow the rules that they have set. The rules are ridiculous and virtually guarantee that top players will start bolting for Japan. I'm going to go more in depth on this in the next week or so.


Uni! Tianjin! Seibu! SK! This week in Tokyo. Asian Series Fever! Catch it!

According to the Korea Times, the SK Wyverns brought more bats than the Seibu Lions did. I didn't notice any flying mammals on the field, but if the KT says it, well, it could have happened.

Uni-President 7-11 Lions 7, Tianjin Lions 4
W - Tseng Yi-cheong, L - Lu Jiangang

I freely admit, I was at work during this game and I have no idea what happened or who did what. I do know that The Uni Lions had their CheerBabes in attendence and all of Asia is grateful. Especially me.

I don't know what the deal is with the moonboots, but the tanktops and hotpants make me smile.

The Uni Lions were losing 4-3 in the 9th inning, but they managed a 4-run rally off the Tianjin bullpen to rescue victory from the jaws of defeat.

SK 4, Saitama Seibu Lions 3
W - Lee Sung-ho, L - Hoashi Kazuyuki


The Seibu Lions also brought their CheerBabes. The more I live in Asia, the more I get used to the idea of baseball teams having CheerBabes.

Seibu got the party started in the first inning with an RBI single from Seibu's Haroshi Harao. Kim Kwang-hyeon didn't look very sharp in this one. I get the feeling he was more than a little rusty and he didn't have his usual catcher. Jung Sang-ho got the start over Park Kyeong-wan. Park Jae-hong tied the game in the 2nd thanks to a, erm, questionable homerun. It was a ball hit down the left field line that was ruled fair. The replay showed that it was, well, obviously foul. In the 4th inning, Lee Jae-won hit a two-run bomb that managed to juuuust stay inside the fair pole to give the Wyverns a 3-1 advantage. Later in the inning, SK's Park Jae-sang would hit and RBI single to expand SK's lead to 4-1. The Lions mounted a fake 2-run rally in the 5th inning to make the score 4-3 and that would be where the game would finish. The SK bullpen shutdown the Seibu offense. Yoon Gil-hyeon, Jeong Woo-ram and Lee Seung-ho would toss 4 1/3 scoreless to secure the victory for SK. This victory should give SK a clear path to the final.


"It's in da bag!"

The action continues at 12pm local time when the Tianjin Lions face the SK Wyverns. The series continues at 6pm local time when the Uni President 7-11 Lions face the Saitama Seibu Lions.

No comments: