Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lions Suck at Gambling, Team Officials Shamed

This story actually broke last week and I was translating the article, but the Joongang Daily beat me to it. As it turns out, a few of my beloved Samsung Lions enjoy gambling, but sadly aren't very good at it. You know, I've never heard of one of these gambling scandals ending with an athlete making millions. They always lose and then it becomes public. Just once, I'd love to hear an athlete win a ton of cash and brag about it. "Oh yeah, betting $50,000 a spin at roulette was the best thing I've ever done."

Either way, not a good offseason for the Lions. First, they were clobbered by the Doosan Bears in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Then, they were unable to acquire Jeong Won-sam from The Heroes. It's just as well, I hear he sucks at blackjack. Now this. As punishment, the team's overseas training trip has been canceled.

They've released 2 scrubs and I get the impression that if Chae Tae-in wasn't a starter, he probably would have joined them.

No comments: