Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ichiro Has the Bat of Ty Cobb and the Soul of a Stoner

I quote...

"Should Japan win Wednesday, the two teams will face off again Thursday and possibly again in the semifinals. Korea has defeated Japan two out of three times in World Baseball Classic play this year.

"There is a destiny," Ichiro said. "It's like a girl you said goodbye to, and then you bump into the same girl again on the street so many times, because there's a destiny to meet again. Maybe better, might as well get married if we are going to meet this frequently." "

This isn't the first time he's done this.

I've tried to work through this in my head, but I'm at a loss. Let me try again. Okay. The girl is Korea. Has to be, right? The street, well, it's the East Sea. What else could it be? And marriage. Marriage...hmmm. JAPANESE IMPERIALISM!

No comments: