Friday, August 21, 2009

Regularly Scheduled Programming Will Resume Shortly...

I just got back from 2 weeks in Chicago and I'd like to send a big thank you to Simon for updating while I was away.

I did get to watch my beloved White Sox in person and I have to say, I'm worried. We have to count on Contreras and Garcia twice a week? Really? This is the best we could do? Our outfield defense is the 2nd worst in the MLB. Only the Cubs are worse at playing outfield D than my Sox. It's a good thing that Fukudome is too polite and Asian to say anything to Meltdown Bradley or Soriano. IF someone could talk Ozzie into DHing Carlos Quentin and playing Scott Podsednik in left, we might be league average. Thanks to his foot injury, Carlos has played left field with the energy of my dad getting out of bed in the morning. Dad still moves pretty well, but mornings can be an effort. I'm also still waiting for Alexei Ramirez to prove he's a MLB-level shortstop. He's starting to get a rep as a headcase. Warts aside, if this Sox team makes the playoffs, they'll be dangerous. Going with Peavy, Buerhle and Danks in a short series? Only the Red Sox have a frontline to match that and they might not make the playoffs. We've also got enough offense to make us dangerous. I worry about the bench. When Jason Nix is your best option it's time to keep looking. The joke around town is that Mark Buerhle's gift to Dewayne Wise for "The Catch" was that he'd stay on the 25-man roster for the rest of the year. Enough about the Sox, on to a very abbreviated roundup because I'm jet lagged and ready to lie down...

Hanhwa/Samsung and KIA/Seoul Heroes were both washed out last night. I guess the peninsula was wet last night. Incheon was beautiful.

Doosan 12, LG 3
W - Lim Tae-hoon (11-4), L - No Jin-yong (0-1)

SK 11, Lotte 8
W - Jeon Byeong-do (7-4), L - Jon Adkins (3-4)

I'm sorry, but as I'm typing this I'm falling asleep. I'll be back on Monday with a full roundup. Pics and everything, I promise. I should have spent more time writing about the KBO than my beloved White Sox.

No comments: