Sunday, February 24, 2008

Our Heroes!


The secretive new team in the KBO has a name and a sponsor.

I was rooting for a beer company or better yet, a soju company, but I guess we'll have to live with Woori Tobacco. Now, I know, you're all asking, "Matt, a tobacco company can't advertise on TV in Korea. It's illegal!" I would have to agree, but they're not using the company name. The name "Woori"(우리) translates roughly to "our." The official team name will be "Our Heroes." I can't wait to see the logo and jerseys.

2 comments:

Oh, Shinsano said...

I just read something that makes it sound like the name is going to be announced tomorrow and that Our Heroes wasn't the final name.
Too bad. Kind of.

Oh, Shinsano said...

I just read something that makes it sound like Our Heroes isn't the final name and that they'll announce something different tomorrow.
Kind of disapointing.