Friday, March 13, 2009

Team Korea Lands in the US, Loses 2 Exhibitions


Kang Min-ho satisfies his "오빠부대." Bonus points for the white dude in the Dodgers hat trying to get his attention.

Meh.

Double Meh.

I really didn't want to post about these, but there was nothing else going on in Korean baseball this week. I decided it would be better to post.

I'm guessing jet lag played a part in Korea's first loss. That and rust. Son Min-han threw for the first time in weeks and he got absolutely lit. It also sounds like Kim Kwang-hyeon ran out of gas in the 3rd inning(?!?). That sounds like it warrants concern with the season a few weeks away. I'm guessing his pitch count was up around 60 or 70. The MLB website didn't feel like divulging that information and I am far too lazy to count.

Today's game was a lot better than yesterday's. The Korean team actually held a 2-1 lead after 6 innings! But, the Korean bullpen surrendered the tying run in the 7th on an RBI double from Blake DeWitt. Them in the 8th inning, Dodgers 2nd baseman, Chin-lung Hu drove in the go ahead runs on an RBI single.

Jeong Won-sam started for Team Korea. He tossed 2 1/3 scoreless innings. He allowed only 2 hits and struck out 1.

Next for Team Korea is Karim Garcia's Team Mexico on Sunday at 11 PM ET. I believe that works out to 1 PM Monday afternoon in Korea, but I may be mistaken.

2 comments:

Dave MacCannell said...

This is great! A fellow baseball fan in Korea. Maybe some day we'll have English simulcasts, Korean baseball cards, sites with stats in English, the whole shebang. Thanks for the links too. The KBO homepage will be especially helpful since a lot of Korean sites require passwords or harm my computer now. I recently blogged about the Korean team in the WBC. http://koreanchronicles.blogspot.com if yer interested. See you at the ballpark.

Dave MacCannell said...

This is great! A fellow baseball fan in Korea. And thanks for your links. The KBO website will help. It's hard for me to keep up sometimes. It would be really nice to have some English coverage of the league. Newspaper, magazines etc. I like the stats and they're hard to follow with a computer that doesn't read Korean. I think a lot of people would be interested in an English site about Korean ball. Your blog is the closest thing I know of so far.
I recently blogged about the Korean team at the WBC. Check it out if you're interested: http://koreanchronicles.blogspot.com